Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back on the Roller-Coaster

And this time, going down scarily fast...

Well, it turns out that less than 24h after my husband thought about that optimistic alternative that I blogged about, we found out that refinancing is not an option because K is leaving his job and won't qualify. The friend who warned us about this (and who used to be a mortgage broker) did tell us that there was another hopeful alternative -- talking to the bank and seeing whether something could be done, like recalculating the mortgage, taking PMI off, paying only interest, things like those. So... over the weekend we remained relatively hopeful about keeping the house.

Well, after talking to the bank yesterday, things look grim again. They're sending a package in the mail with the options (we don't know what they are, but probably not what we were looking for) and K called another number (for "loss mitig@tion") and the almost rude lady he talked to said bluntly that selling is what needs to be done. Nice. Helpful.

Last weekend, after I had already cried and grieved about the house, all I felt was anger and an urge to get rid of this place as soon as possible. I felt energized and wanted to get it ready to sell. On Tuesday evening, though, after a dentist visit with a friend whose son goes to school with our son, prompted K to think that we should keep Kelvin at the school he attends and thus, motivated him to think about ways to keep the house -- that's when he came up with the idea of refinancing that derailed us from our previous thoughts on preparing the house for sale and put our hopes and spirits up (I must say that this was good at least for having my party and also motivated us to spend Friday putting up photos and art on the walls -- my strongest wish since e moved in -- the photos wouldn't have gone up on the walls had we still thought that we were selling for sure because they're not very good for showings -- people will recognize you later which may feel strange).

Anyway... we're back to hurriedly preparing the house for sale. Major things have to be done, but I'll have to blog about this more later. Several other things and big decisions are going on as well... I'll be back later. Right now I'm neither angry nor broken hearted anymore, but I'm pretty sad, scared (of the many projects we have to tackle, fearing things might go wrong), and tired of having to live like this...

What about the positive attitude change that I "announced" a while back? Well, I am doing my best to keep positive. We have already found a nice townhome to rent and they do have openings coming up in August and September and I keep trying to think of how much easier and less stressful life will be if we live within our means. I am trying. Frustrating thoughts do come up more often than I'd like though... Hopefully blogging will help me deal with that. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Prisca said...

I'm so sorry to hear the refinancing didn't work out. What a pain to have to do everything so quickly. I'm sending good thoughts your way and will pray that you can get the house sold quickly and have some resolution.

ArticulateDad said...

Good luck with it all.