Saturday, October 31, 2020

From Brasil! X Freaking out about the election

 This is a most useless blog. All the people who used to read me here are my friends on FB and IG. I still miss their blogs and their words, but I'm still connected to some of them. 

Obviously I blog more for me than for anything else, but sending words out into the great void for nobody to read is sad.

In any case, I came to Brasil and threw my mom a really really cute birthday "party" -- with about 10 socially distanced people who came at different times and my brother, his wife, my husband, my son, two of my mom's former students, and my cousin on Zoom. 

I rented and bought pretty decorations and hired a photographer, and later my brother helped pay for all that (not that it was expensive, the dollar [and the Euro for that matter, my brother lives in Finland now] go a long way with the Real, and stuff is cheap here).

The trip and trying to work online are doing a moderately OK job in distracting me from the election, but the truth is that I AM FREAKING OUT! I am very upset, I don't think there's a solution for "Trumpism" and how it's going to destroy America (even if he loses) and how if he is re-elected will simply pave the way for all kinds of injustice and the destruction of democracy.

Even if he loses things will be hard and dire. Sigh... 

I cannot believe he may win. I am so so so traumatized by 2016 that the thought of it happening again is just unbearable. I can't think about it. If it happens, then what? How do we keep on living. 

And we had to put up, in the last two months, with a pastor basically preaching from the pulpit to vote for this trash in the name of religious liberty. So outrageous. 

I wish I could stop being mad at people and what they believe -- IN THE NAME OF RELIGION! Of saving unborn children, of saving individual freedom. Hordes of people brainwashed by Fox News and the lies the religious right constructed to make it possible for Christians to support the most anti-Christian president ever. 

Sigh... 

So much hypocrisy. The Supreme Court. That lady. 

It seems it gets worse and worse every day... I'm only writing this so I can look back on it after the election. I cannot have any hope, however. 

Even if Biden wins, everything is so destroyed it will be hard to put it together. Very hard. I can try to dream he'll win and that Kamala will run in 4 years. We can dream, but how can the dream ever become a reality if in the name of "conservative values" people vote on an IMMORAL man who lies and who has been a con artist all his life? How? How can this be?

In the name of religion and of preserving the country's "whiteness" at all costs -- that ship has sailed, BTW. And I get ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY at latinos voting for him. How? Sigh... just because he's a "macho man" who appeals to their conservatism?

I'm mad at everyone... and this is not healthy, but it's just exhausting. 

Some good quotes from John Pavlovitz

From here (published in 2018): 

It isn't political disagreement, it's divergence on a fundamental level; as people realize they may need to let go of relationships in order to hold on to the deepest contents of their hearts, to be their truest selves, to use their most authentic voices.
From more recently (10/12/20) :
I don’t believe any good people are voting for this president a second time—or they are in complete rebellion against goodness as they do.

I believe that act is fundamentally antithetical to anything good.
Sigh... how will we be able to keep interacting with these people we fundamentally disagree with?

2 comments:

Jenghis Khan said...

Oh man. That sounds made me sick. I'm partly glad I'm not near New Market... I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I miss you guys and I'm sad we're all stressed and screwed and faced with so much division. I'm glad you're far away for now... Try to enjoy and get rest ok?

admin said...

Сигналы сексуального возбуждения перемещаются от головного мозга вниз, к нижней части спинного мозга в область таза, передаются артериям, в результате чего кровь попадает в член и вызывает эрекцию.

Непосредственного стимулирования области гениталий может быть достаточно для возникновения полового возбуждения и для того, чтобы член эрегировал, хотя в данном случае в процесс будут вовлечены другие пути нервной системы. Здесь сексуальное возбуждение переносится пудендальным нервом, который проходит от пениса к сакральным нервам в нижнем отделе позвоночника. Затем сакральные нервы посылают импульсы, расширяющие артерии в половом члене, чтобы усилить движение крови.

Во время сексуальной активности оба эти нервных пути участвуют в усилении либидо и создании эрекции. Нервы взаимодействуют друг с другом, высвобождая окись азота. Это вещество стимулирует производство других важных химических соединений, включая циклический гуанозинмонофосфат, простагландины и вазоактивный кишечный полипептид. Читайте здесь.

Данные вещества вызывают эрекцию, расслабляя клетки гладкой мускулатуры, выстилающие крошечные артерии, которые, в свою очередь, ведут к кавернозным телам - паре гибких цилиндров, управляющих длиной и толщиной полового члена.