Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Cruise was (Surprisingly) Nice!

Several people had told me that I'd love the cruise, but I had a hard time believing them.

I really liked it! I mean, it is "hazardous" in the sense that you can eat way too much and way too much junk, but it is a nice vacation. It does cost extra do do sightseeing and to go to the beach, but it's not too much.

The Caribbean is lovely and I want to go back to various places with more time (such as the Yucatán peninsula in Mexico and it's surrounding areas) and the Bahamas. I also want to go to Jamaica, Belize, Cuba, and other islands. And, if my MIL takes us again, I'll go on another Caribbean cruise (Easten  this time, since we had a Western Caribeean tour).

One problem in a cruise is that there is so much to do that you hardly see the people you're there with. You need to plan to do things with them in order to keep track of them. Another problem is that if you want to make the most of your cruise experience and go on multiple shows (they had Broadway's Mamma Mia!, a Beatles revival, a diving show, and smaller events such as stand-up comedy, jazz concerts, etc.) plus go on shore excursions, you won't really relax and rest too much. I mean, it is relaxing to go to dinner and go to a show, but then you need to wake up early to enjoy the place where you're stopping the next day. Not to mention that shore excursions are VERY rushed due to the fact that you need to get back to the ship by 4 or 5:30 pm.

Yeah... a bunch of negative sides, but some positive ones too. I think and overanalyze things too much, so it's hard not to have complicated mixed feelings about everything. Sigh...

Before it's too late, I'd love to write a couple of posts about last year and this year that is starting as I generally do every year. I hope I can pull that off in the next few days.

If only I didn't have to prepare and teach my classes! The first week ends tomorrow and I'm glad we have a holiday on Monday!

2 comments:

Karen Keely said...

Oh my goodness, I'm just catching up on blogs now after a hectic two weeks back at school, and so I just read about your water disaster. Oh no! I hope that insurance pays for most of the repair.

(I'm the former What Now?)

Jerold said...

Искам да използвам тази възможност, за да оценя д-р Екпен за добрата работа, която той прави по света, много от вас трябва да са преди него и какво прави. Причината, поради която аз го оценявам на този сайт, е, че може би някой там е изправен пред същото предизвикателство и той / тя не знае какво да направи след това, за да реши проблема, д-р Екпен е чудесно заклинание и приятелски ако имате проблем с брака си, можете да се свържете с него по правилния начин и той ще бъде облечен да ви помогне. Свържете се с него сега по електронната поща на ekpentemple@gmail.com или на Whatsaap +2347050270218.