Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Some Reasons Why I Hate Cold Weather/Winter

I even dislike Fall and early Spring (though Spring is a hopeful time -- warmth is coming! -- as opposed to depressing Fall), and some of the reasons are:

- the cold kills the plants and the world becomes all brown and grey and sad. :-(

- I strongly dislike wearing pants, socks and closed up shoes (and I obviously loooove sandals and dresses!). I've never cared for scarves & other accessories. Thankfully, I do love hats & gloves & I don't completely despise boots.

- I hate feeling cold, and my feet are often cold (sometimes even in the summer I wear socks to bed!).

- Putting on coats and taking them off is a horrble nuisance! Not to mention the cost of dry cleaning them (and their cost to begin with!). I have a bunch of filthy coats that I NEED to have cleaned -- why oh why can't I just wash them at home???? (I don't mind buying coats. I just wish I could afford more)

- I love snow (and snow days!!) and think it's beautiful (though messy), but it doesn't snow a lot here, so it's mostly really ugly & dreary.

- Winter is just way too long. Not having grown up here I don't really enjoy the seasons that much.

I need to drive now, so I'll publish this. If I remember anything else, I'll edit the post!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I have to agree with you on at least one count: I always think if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow! Then it would be beautiful and fun to play in. :)