Saturday, December 14, 2013

In Grading Jail...

Sigh...

After a week of driving around this part of the state and giving final exams, now it is time to brace down and grade like a maniac.

I hope I can finish by the end of the day tomorrow. That's my greatest hope. Then I can concentrate on packing and getting ready for the trip.

I just wish I weren't so tired! I hope I can stay awake to grade as much as I can (and also to watch SNL ;-)

A good activity that is helping me with the mind-numbingly boring task of grading 7 page long finals is scanning old Christmas photos from 1997-2001. My scanner is super slow and scans one photo at a time (even if I can put four on the "bed"), so I can effectively grade a couple of pages of exams while I scan.

I have brought reinforcements, though, chocolate and tea. These are tried and true grading "allies," according to my friend Jo(e). It's always good to know that I'm not alone, that many of my blogging friends are in the throes of grading as well.

Good luck to all of us!

No comments: