Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bikram Yoga -- Holy Cow!

Last night I attended a free session of bikram yoga (with 60 other people, YIKES!) and...

that's some crazy stuff!!! (for those who don't know what it is, it is hot yoga practiced in a room heated to 105 degrees!! For one hour and a half!!)

I never sweated that much in my life and I think it was an OK workout, but I didn't love it. I think I could do it once or twice a month, but not at 8:30 pm, no, thanks.

So... yeah, and can you believe it that this was the first time I attended a yoga class in nearly four months? :(  So so sad.

And to think that I had arranged my whole teaching schedule at my former university around the FREE yoga classes that they offer!!!  :( :( :(

(My Mon/Wed class was even on the same building where two of the yoga classes I attended took place. I just had to go upstairs and teach. Isn't that just so sad? OK, not really, the class was a hard one to teach and students couldn't care less about the subject).

Now the crazy commute & still picking up my boys three days a week doesn't allow me to do much yoga. Let's see if I can find a way to fit some in soon.

No comments: