Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Meme

I'd seen this on facebook, but I got it from Dawn's.

♥ What are your middle names?
Our middle names are our mothers' last names (maiden names), that's the way it is in Brazil. I kept all my names, so I have three last names (or, if you prefer, two middle names, my mom's and dad's and one last name -- my husband's). I won't share "last names" on the blog.

♥ How long have you been together?
April 7th, 1990. (only 6 days after Dawn and Brett! ;-)

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
A week. (just like Dawn again!)

♥ Who asked who out?

K asked me. That's how it used to be in Brazil, not anymore, apparently.

♥Who said I love you first?
Me! I wrote it on a little card and gave it to him while we were at the bus stop waiting for him to go back to his uncle's house. He responded after he saw an "I love you" sticker on a bus and he said something like "he did too..."

♥ How old are each of you?
Both of us are going to be 38 this year, he on May 26, me on July 7.

♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
His because mine I only see "every two years for two days" (OK, for about a week) since he moved first to China and then to New Zealand. We're at his brother's house right now.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Yep, two lovely boys.

♥ What about pets?
We have a cat named Blues, we got him when we bought our first home back in 2001.

♥ Did you go to the same schools?
Same university (University of São Paulo in Brazil) and same graduate school institution.

♥ Are you from the same hometown?
No way! Not even the same state. His family is from the Brazilian Northeast and mine from the South.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I think we're equally smart.

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
I am much more sensitive. He's become more nervous/ stressed out after kids came along and I became calmer, though.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We hardly ever eat out. We sometimes go with the family to chain places such as Olive Garden, but once in a while we go to Indian restaurants, which we love.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
We've traveled a lot. The further South was the southernmost state in Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, the further West, California (LA area), the further North -- Berlin and Hanover in Germany/ Amsterdam in Holland (perhaps Quebec city is almost as far North?), the further east... maybe Austria (Salzburg)?

♥ Who has the worst temper?
I have the worst one, I think. I get super annoying with something he does something I'm unhappy with. And I tend to be "explosive" at times.

♥ Who does the cooking?
I do. It's his only deffect -- the not cooking. I like to joke that otherwise, he's perfect ;-)

♥Who is the most social?
Both of us are very social. We're slightly shy on the surface and take a while to warm up to new people. I think he's more outgoing only because he really enjoys (and is very good at) asking questions to people we just met and finding out about their lives. I just can't even get myself to start talking to them.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Neither of us, but poor K learned to take care of his stuff in boarding school when he had a neat freak roomate (still his best friend). So, poor him, having to put up with his messy, disorganized life. I'm improving, little by little. He's much better at tidying up than I am.

♥ Who is the most stubborn?
I think I am. Yeah, he's much more flexible.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
K does because he has a long commute to work. He'd sleep past 8 with me if he didn't have to get up and if we didn't have to bring Kelvin to school. Poor Brett.

♥ Where was your first date?
Hmm, we were going to see a movie at college where my parents worked, but they weren't showing one, so we went back to my house and we listend to music (my favorite tapes) and talked.

♥Who has the bigger family?
Immediate family, he does -- his parents had four sons, mine only two, my brother and me. Our extended families are about the same size, lots of aunts, uncles and cousins. His are younger than mine, since my mom is the youngest of 5.

♥Do you get flowers often?
Not that often, much less (hardly ever) in our early years of marriage, but more often now. I loved when he got flowers for me when I got back from Brazil once and also after my dissertation defense.

♥ Who do you spend the holidays with?
More often with his family.

♥Who does/did the laundry?
I do the laundry. I enjoy it.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
He is (he can program, even), but I type faster ;-).

♥ Who drives when you are together?
He usually drives the most, but I pity him because we both dislike driving. He's more experienced, so I just let him do it on long trips (I kind of take advantage of him in this). I do it sometimes, though, particularly when he's tired and needs to sleep for a bit.

♥ Who picks where you go to dinner?
We hardly ever do, so it's easy, anywhere is a big treat.

♥ Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?
I think we both admit it, but he's better about it. I do it, but I get so frustrated about it that (sigh) Usually him. He’s like a thousand times nicer than I am.

♥ Who named your pet?
We named him together.

♥ Who wears the pants in the relationship?
(I didn't know this expression, but I think I get it). He does, but we do decide most things together.

♥ Who has more tattoos?
We both have a horror of tattoos.

♥ Who eats more sweets?
He does, but I love chocolate and I eat a lot too.

♥ Who cries more?
I cry much more, but he's cried several times too since we met.

♥ Are you still together?
Sure!! Why would anyone be doing this meme if they weren't?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love this meme, don't you? :)