Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of First Grade

Edited on 9/1 to insert photos.
So, today was Kelvin's first day of first grade. He was very excited (that's an understatement, actually ;-) to go back to school. For many weeks now he had been saying "I can't wait until I go back to school!" I'm glad that he's so happy about it. May this excitement continue year after year because he has a looong journey ahead of him![I'll insert three photos after our desktop is installed again -- the study and family room have been emptied out for new carpeting to be put -- which will happen tomorrow afternoon. I haven't been able to upload any photos with my wireless connection, sorry! - DONE!]

Well, I was glad just to be there since last year I was home packing things for our move while K drove almost an hour to drop Kelvin off before heading to work on his first day of classes. He was so much younger last year! Good thing he had a fancy lunch then, because today it was just a simple dish of pasta, so unremarkable that I didn't even take a picture...

My handsome boy deserved to be photographed multiple times, though:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a big step - first grade! That is my favorite school year ever. They make such huge progress in one year. He is going to have a great time!

Unknown said...

Yea for first grade!

Prisca said...

Ah, it's just old hat for everyone now. :) What a big kid!