Thursday, July 28, 2005

Just for the sake of posting...

I know, I haven't posted for over 10 days, even though I've been reading blogs as usual. I decided to break the silence, following swisslovebaby and expatmama, who recently posted (at least I know that they usually visit here : )

The past week or so two babies were born, and one adopted by people whose blogs I check regularly (chicagomama/incarcerated uterus had a baby daughter the same day her husband met their adopted daughter in China, the "famous" Chez Miscarriage finally had her son, who was born to the surrogate mom), and I've been following those...

Anyway... I've been quite busy with the boys and also with guests. After a weekend with an aunt, uncle and two cousins of my husband visiting, this week we have my mother-in-law with us. Kelvin is on cloud 9 (is that how you say it? I think in Portuguese we just say he's in the clouds, or something), because he LOVES to be around people, particularly family. My parents should be here in a month or so, because I finally decided I was going to ask them for help to try to finish my dissertation. Can't write about that too much, my mom might read this : ) It will definitely be great for Kelvin, probably not so great for me, because I'll have no excuse whatsoever not to work.

Let me change the subject, quick, before I get too upset. Things have been happening that might have future consequences. A university in Brazil has called my husband to do a short talk (it is a loooooong shot, but he's planning to go), he's also planning to apply to a university in Florida. We'll see... He needs to work really hard all this month to get things moving (publications, applications, etc).

It's been extremely hot and humid here. I think this is the very first summer in our 9 years in the US when we're using the AC most of the days. It does help that we live in a newer, more energy-efficient house, so it's not too expensive. Of course it'd be hard for the boys if we didn't use AC.

Last but not least, I've been working on a post that should -- hopefully -- be fun. I'll try to finish and post it soon, OK?

3 comments:

Alice said...

...and would you prefer that your husband gets the job in Brasil or in Florida? ;) Tough choice!! Wish you good luck!

L said...

Yeah, tough, tough choice. There are pros and cons for both of them, so, I think we won't really decide, I guess, the decision will be made for us in that we'll probably go to the first one that offers him a job.

DUSIE said...

Glad you will be getting some help! It's good to be vulnerable once in a while... and you need to get this dissertation finished...for your own mental growth as well as ease! I will be thinking good things for ya Mama, and glad to see the boys get to be with Gram and Gramps (how do you call it in Portuguese?)