Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Summer Teaching -- Nothing Short of a Miracle

I really wanted to teach a class this summer. I received permission from the department chair at the holiday party back in December. Early in the semester I mentioned it to the secretary, however, when time to open the summer classes for enrollment came in late March she completely forgot about my class and never added it to the roster.

Meanwhile, I got delayed asking the other secretary to prepare a poster so I could advertise my class and she took a while to do it. In fact, I think it was because of this poster that the main secretary realized that she had forgotten to add my class to the system. :(

In this case, "better late than never" won't help me, though. :(

I only need 6 students to make the cut and help pay our debts by earning 7K, but I don't think it's going to happen.

I started putting posters up last week on Tuesday, but I am just so busy and without energy that I didn't put any more out. I had the secretary for Latin American studies email all the minors, but thtat isn't helping either.

I'm really hopeless about this class right now. Nothing short of a miracle could get it to work. :(

I'll keep you posted, but I am not optimistic about this at all...

No comments: