Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!!!

I'm delighted that I got my Christmas wish this year, though we haven't yet fulfilled it (we will in a few days): we are driving to Texas to see family and friends!

We are in Nashville right now, at my aunt and uncle's house and I'm also thrilled that I can spend Christmas with them, the last time was back in 1985, the year before they moved to the U.S. with their three small children. Bere is my youngest aunt, my dad's baby sister, youngest of 8 siblings. She is beautiful inside and out, her bright dark blue eyes brimming with joy at having us here.

After they moved to the U.S. we saw each other sparingly across the years, but since 2003 we have been able to get together every two or three years. Her only granddaughter (her daughter's only child) considers my sons her cousins (she has only one grown up cousin in her dad's side) and she remembers all her past meetings with them even though she's only 7.

It also was nice to meet my youngest cousin's wife and her daughters (my cousin's step-daughters). They are more or less same age as my sons and they are very much like them too! I hope that we get to see each other again more often.

I hope you all have a wonderful day with friends and family!!

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday! Merry Christmas!