Friday, October 05, 2012

Just because I have only forty exams to grade... :)

Of course I've been putting that off for a whole week, I'm ashamed to admit. :(

And  now that I NEED to be done by tomorrow, and it's getting close to midnight, I am just finding another way to postpone the work a little more.

This was a crazy-busy week, but I feel more energized than in all past weeks. Maybe it's the yoga (more on another post) and the beautiful, warm weather we had today.

So much going on and I don't even know where to start. About the debate/election, I hope that Laura is right and really relieved that we were eating out with friends and missed the whole thing. The closing remarks back at home were enough to make my skin crawl, as one of my contacts wrote on twitter.
~  ~   ~
I was writing on Thursday evening and it's already Friday morning. I ended up sleeping in the sofa around midnight and then I woke up (the lights were on in the dining room where I was grading) 2:50, got up ate a piece of bread with hummus and graded 22 exams, but I couldn't keep going and went to bed at 3:40. Sigh...

I had a slight headache when I got up, but now it's gone. I need to try to grade the rest of the tests before I leave. Sigh again...

Oh, and our nephews are coming to spend the weekend (we'll have them for a couple of days while brother & sister-in-law are busy with retreats and such). K's cousin (the high school senior who came from Brazil to study in the boarding academy nearby) is coming to help babysit, so we'll have a full house.

OK, gotta go!! Hopefully I'll be back later with photos...

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

Why am I reading blogs today? Because I've got 60 portfolios to grade ....