Wednesday, August 03, 2011

They Stole Our Hearts and Now We're in So Much Trouble!

Just look at them!


Some other ones:

These babies are the surviving guys of a litter of five at the farm where we get our CSA share from (and where I work for a few hours a week to help pay for my share). And they're only alive because we expressed an interest in adopting them. Sigh. I can't bear to post photos of the other siblings when they were just two-three weeks old. I don't think I can ever look at those pictures again.

In any case... as you already know, my sons have tested positive to cats in allergy skin tests and K has generally been adamantly against us having cats again.

and I -- cold hearted new home owner -- really want to have cats, but I'm SUPER stressed out about our new sofas and storage ottoman. I know, such a bad reason, right? It's the only thing that's holding me back right now. Actually, it's not... if K agrees, we're getting them soon. Right now they're still nursing a bit and they live in a basement window shaft from which they can't get out (so they don't really know what to do when we bring them up to the porch).

I also know that apart from the allergies and the couches, the cats will be a significant expense (they'll have to be fixed and vaccinated and tested, etc) and a nuisance when we travel (which is a lot) since we need to find pet sitters.

They have stolen our hearts, though... and we know they need a home. And besides, since Blues disappeared last year I have this gaping hole in my heart that is begging to be filled. Sigh.

Very hard decision to make. I'll keep you posted, OK?

1 comment:

Zee said...

Que coisinhas mais lindas! Mas, os outros morreram por q? Ai que dó! Eles são tão lindos! Sabe que a pretinha que eu adotei ano passado ainda não aprontou com os móveis? Quando eu a trouxe pra casa, passei na loja de animais e comprei um pau pra ela arranhar e um mat de papel. Depois vi na net que se vc esfregar um pano limpo e sem cheiro nas bochechas do gatinho e depois esfregar no pau de arranhar, ele reconhece como dele. Eu esfreguei bastante e se foi isso que funcionou eu nunca saberei. Só sei que ela não se mete com os móveis! Vez ou outra ela arranha o pau debaixo da cama, mas muito pouquinho. Felicidades pra todos! Beijos!