Friday, May 13, 2011

Inertia

The main reason why I haven't been posting is inertia. You can call it laziness too, but I prefer the physics word better (and not because of K ;). Getting an object to move requires quite a bit of force and then, if the surface isn't smooth enough, its roughness will make the object stop. Then it's hard to get it moving again. Conversely, a person can get hurt if a moving car suddenly breaks because one's body will keep on moving and be thrown forward...  (yeah, I guess I learned a little bit back in high-school...)

For me, the first scenario is true of blogging and the second on, of reading blogs and stuff online (I just keep going... blah).

I get frustrated with myself because I know I could be writing so much, about so much stuff and yet, I don't. And life goes on and I forget the little things that matter. I haven't been writing on my journal either.

I almost blogged on Tuesday... but I then I tweeted (twittered?) instead:


FINISHED!!! Grading and catching up on 6 days of twitter feeds. PHEW! (I hate grading. I wish they could all have worked hard and gotten As)
10 May via web 



I spent quite a bit of time grading last Monday (after not doing any work over the weekend -- we had a lovely sightseeing trip on mother's day -- another thing I could/should have blogged about), then I had to shop and plan for my son's birthday party on Sunday... not to mention continued looking for stuff for the house. 

Then yesterday was a crazy day with events at the university followed by the Spring concert at the boys' school. 

And tonight? Well, we were supposed to go pick up a friend at the local airport at about 11 pm. However, his flight is delayed (first it was 11:23, then 12:18 am, but now... , the airline's website is listing 1:23 am. It's going to be a looong night! K took the boys to bed and is sleeping for a bit, but I am keeping vigil. I was planning to go with K, but I think I'm going to go to bed instead. This poor friend has been visiting us at about this time of the year for the past three years and he's already had to spend at least one night at an airport when  he was scheduled to arrive at our house on Friday night (once he arrived at 3 pm on Saturday -- crazy, huh?). I hope he's taking a nap somewhere in the airport while he waits for his flight to depart (servicing of the aircraft is the excuse given by the airline). 

OK, let's see if I can post some photos and talk about the house too in future posts.

update: 1:13 now. If only it could get to 12:13... :(
until 12:23pm the airline said that at 1:23 it would arrive, but now, they changed it to 1:38 am. I think I'm waking up K and going to bed now. 

No comments: