Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Brazil, Here We Go!

We finally bought our tickets to go to Brazil in December. YAY!! I can't wait...

Because two of the tickets are award travel, the boys and I will "have" to stay 40 days there so I could get a slightly cheaper airfare (still very expensive) -- I'm not complaining at all! K is worried about the cyber schooling, but I think we'll be fine. We'll just have to take all the books with us :-( and make sure we log in every single day and do the work.

The best part is that K is joining us for 20 days (he's traveling with his brother's family, through Mexico -- a great deal)! There'll be a wedding in January (K's oldest cousin on his mother's side), and, before that, several days at two different hot water parks with brother-n-law, SIL & nephews (1st park) and K's family and extended family (2nd park/resort)!! I just hope it's not too hot (it'll be summer) to enjoy the hot water springs...

I don't know yet where we'll be at Xmas, probably in Paraná with my mom's extended family. Oooh, I love to plan trips. But I DREAD having to pack and the crazy busyness of the days right before the trip. I feel sick just thinking about it... Maybe I can plan ahead this time (I know I'll always leave things for the last minute, though, it's hopeless... :-( ). I shouldn't let my aprehension about the packing and getting ready to travel dampen my enthusiasm, right?

Going to warm and sunny Brazil in the middle of winter?
Priceless!!

2 comments:

Oonie said...

Can I make a suggestion from one lover of the last minute to another? Ship ahead! Maybe international shipping is too prohibitive but at the end of summer, toss their clothes in a box and send 'em down there. That way, you don't have as much luggage and one step closer to getting there!

Blossoms Girl said...

Parana is not that hot, is it? Surely you will enjoy Parana in December! Are you going by TAM? TAM allows you to bring 70lbs of luggage (for each of you).