Sunday, September 02, 2007

I've Been a Bad Bad Blogger

Motivated by this post in my friend Aliki's blog, I decided to come out and reveal some "blogging shortcomings" that probably would be denounced right away by Liam's "Department of Appropriate Behavior" (click on Aliki's post if you want to know what I'm talking about) if this department investigated proper blogging behavior :) ...

Blogroll

First, I haven't updated my blogroll in ages. My friend Zee, for example, who is also Brazilian and whose sons are exactly the same age as mine, has a wonderful blog called Pixie Blossoms Journal and I haven't linked to her yet (my fault because at first she wanted to be unlisted, but then gave me permission, but I didn't see it until months later). Zee also has an Etsy Shop where she sells wonderful handmade crafts. And there are several other blogs that need to be added as well as others whose URLs need to be updated, etc. There are also some people who have my blog on their blogrolls and whose blogs haven't been added to mine yet (I know that in some cases I may not even be aware of their link to me -- please let me know if this is the case with your blog). This fault of mine is made worse because since I still stubbornly refuse to use feed readers, I depend fully on my blogroll to read other people's blogs and sometimes I forget to check the blogs that are not listed in my sidebar. :(.

Awards
I've been given several awards in the past 4 months and never responded to several of them or and tagged other people. I'll try to respond as soon as I can since I feel so ashamed for having been honored with them in the first place and not even acknowledged the receipt here.

Memes
I was also tagged with several memes in the past and not played along and I feel very bad about this. I did do a few, but not all of them, and that's not any fun, particularly for those who tagged me and wanted to see me "play."

So, now that I got these confessions out of the way I hope to mend my ways and follow this one with a few posts in which I try to catch up with my awards and memes and share the fun a bit (of course interspersed with "regular" posts). And I hope to update the blogroll (and the blog's looks) soon.

P.S. And still in the guilt-ridden mode, I want to one more time wish a Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law K3 (hubby is K #1 and from now on I'll call my brothers-in-law "K2, K3, and K4" since all their names begin with a K) because today is his birthday. We did talk to him (who just moved to Turkey two weeks ago -- if you're curious about that you can check his wife's blog here) on Skype today, but we completely forgot it was his b-day and didn't congratulate him -- what a shame!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY K3!!

3 comments:

Rene said...

Numbering the brothers is a good idea--and although the order you've assigned them makes complete sense, my K will always be number 1 to me. :-)

And don't worry, I'll pass along your congratulations and help extend the celebration.

Aliki2006 said...

I know how those memes and awards can slip by--especially when one is so busy!

I'll try and put in a good word for you to Liam so you don't make it onto that list.

zabrina said...

Hi Lilian, thanks for that! Very nice of you. I got strep throat. I am away for a bit, but I will be back soon. I think tomorrow I will reveal the names for the give away. Besides strep throat, I have sinus. It seems that these germs are all over Erik's school. His friend's mom is also sick.
I talk to you later...
xoxo