Sunday, July 01, 2007

Success!!

I can hardly believe it, but Linton has been now fully potty trained since Thursday* -- I'm amazed that it took only three days for him to get it!! We even spent the whole day out on Friday, in and out of stores, and he did a great job using the bathroom everywhere we went.

And only 5 days ago (for me it still feels like Saturday) I was so skeptical that we'd be able to do it, but we did it! I guess it's worth waiting to do it when they're ready. With Kelvin it was relatively easy for pee, but very complicated for poop. He was afraid of sitting on the potty or toilet and asked for a diaper until he was 4 and a half!! I'm hoping that the fact that Linton was able to do it on his first try on the potty will make him more comfortable to use it again. He still resists going, but at least in the little potty he can still stamp his feet as he's been doing for a while now when he tries to hold it but can't. I guess we'll finally get our 16 bucks put to good use now since I had already assumed that buying that potty was a waste of money like most of their toys are (more on that later).

I hope to blog more this week since I want to write about several things before I travel since I won't want to spend as much time blogging when I'm in Brazil. I also need to update my blogroll, but now I'm going to bed.

*That was the day he first pooped on the potty. I'm hoping he'll do it again when he has the next BM. We started Myralax last week, but I've forgotten to give it to him for 2 days now.

6 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

YAY for Linton!! What a wonderful boy! I am encouraged by your posts. I hope we do as well, but I think it might take us longer than five days. Punkin is a little younger. Today we bought him Elmo and Thomas underwear and he is wearing them right now! :)

kate said...

Yay Linton! That's great news!

Aliki2006 said...

Hooray for Linton!

Keiko said...

Oba!!! Parabéns pros 2 (pro menino esperto e pra mãe paciente!)
Beijinho,
Keiko

wwwmama said...

Great!!!

Caroline said...

congratulations on the big milestone! We finally (belatedly) bought Eli a potty the other day.. he's very happy to have it, and sits on it optimistically several times a day. It's a start.