Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Better Day

Thanks everyone for your lovely words!! I'm glad to report that I'm feeling much better and that I had a nice day today (technically, yesterday). The pity-party is over and I'm back to being my cheerful self again -- this is such a relief!

While I wait for a few cheerful photos to load, I'll try the "Random Bullet" approach to share some "news and notes:"

(here are the photos)
This is my friend's beautiful bird, Mango:
"He" looooves ice-cream:
We hadn't seen these friends in over three years (they hadn't met Linton yet) and now, after a sad miscarriage (and a 4th degree tear -- I've never heard of anything more horrifying in my life!), they have a gorgeous 10 months old daughter.
Aren't they cute?

- Today/yesterday (Saturday 7/7) was a long day because we had to travel almost an hour to go to a church program that lasted all day long. Our group sang and we had people from Maryland who were visiting and helping out in the program.

- Last Thursday and Friday we spent a few hours looking at houses again since we have a family who's interested in renting our current home. Since "today's" events took place only 20 minutes away from where we're going to live we drove around some of the houses we had looked online and I fell in love with one particular townhome. We also drove around the neighborhood of the "lost" house (I didn't let my husband drive past it) to look at another, a bit more expensive home and I was delighted to see that it had gorgeous flowering hydrangeas planted all down the side of the house. We may go look at some houses on Tuesday, the day before I leave for Brazil.

I guess having something to look forward to does make us happy, doesn't it? I know I should be happy because we're traveling and all, but this house problem has certainly been bothering me.

- My parents-in-law, one of my brothers-in-law and his wife (and fellow blogger - hi there sis!), and my husband's grandma are here tonight. They arrived shortly before 11 p.m., and that was when we had "dinner" and celebrated my birthday (and SIL's -- since hers is on the 14th). The boys had taken a two hour nap in the car while we looked at houses, so they enjoyed the (short) time we spent together before going to bed around midnight.

I know I have more things to say, but now I'm going to have to go to bed. Tomorrow/today will be yet another long day since we'll drive to Maryland and back for my nephew's first birthday. Party decoration photos will be here soon, as has become traditional in this blog! :) (I should create a category for that, right?)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Lilian,

Sounds like you might not have the time, but I tagged you for a meme anyway.

So great meeting you in PA!

Jennifer