Monday, August 07, 2006

Peaches and Jumps

I Just wanted to share some photos with you and I didn't want to write two posts, so you get two posts in one, OK? (I started it on Friday and saved it, but then it disappeared from the posts to edit. Thankfully I found it today, though!)

Peachy
First, the yummy peaches from my uncle's peach tree. We visited him last weekend (two weekends ago, since now it's Monday) and we got to bring home most of the peaches that were still on the tree. They were so ripe that we brought most of them peeled, chopped and frozen already, or else they would have spoiled. I haven't yet prepared anything with them, but I'm planning to bake peach cobbler, make peach juice, and peach mousse soon. I'll try to take pictures.
Jumping Boys...
On July 22 we had a thunderstorm and since it was a bit cooler after it (it's been terribly hot around here as pretty much everywhere else in the U.S.), I went outside with the boys. Kelvin started jumping on the rain puddles and I took these pictures. Soon Linton joined, although he cannot jump as high yet.












(1) One jumping, one watching.
(2) When Linton gave it a try and saw the splashing he didn't want to stop!
(The 2nd photo is fuzzy, clearly below my standards, but the splashing was too good to pass it up :)












Two Jumping












Puddles are fun!

6 comments:

Alice said...

Thanks for making me smile :)

Dr. Peters said...

Great pics! I wish I had a peach tree. Rebekah just learned to jump on two feet and she does it all day long. We didn't have rain, but yesterday I filled up buckets and dish tubs and bowls and we played in the water. Fun fun fun.

Aliki2006 said...

Wonderful pictures! We have a peach tree in our yard and, every spring it loads itself up with small, green, hard peaches. Then, just as we begin to hope we'll get a batch to eat, some creature descends on the tree during the night and strips it of all the peacehes. Wah!

Emily said...

Hi Lilian

Aw. Nice pix of the boys in the puddles. In the UK we are having a welcome rain spell after weeks of heatwave. For me, being 28 weeks pregnant, it is heavenly.

As for your peaches, YUM! I've been eating them by the shedload this pregnancy but I bet they don't taste half as nice as your uncle's look. Shame you don't live down the road!

kate said...

mmmm, peaches! One of my favorite parts of summer...

And I love the puddle jumping pictures! Very cool.

Juliet said...

You are a fantastic photographer!
Very sweet photos. Thanks for sharing.