Thursday, January 05, 2006

Here in Brazil #4 Quick Update or Travels, Birthdays, and Weddings

I’ve been very busy over here. After a week at the beach (we had wonderful weather and enjoyed the beach and each other’s company), on Monday we spent ½ a day at my in-laws’ house (where I got back online for a few minutes), traveled for 4 hours to Curitiba where we spent the night. Then on Tuesday me, my dad and the boys drove for 8 hours to get to my parents' home in Sao Paulo state. Brazilian cars are tiny, so my mom used her miles to fly, and my husband took a bus (and the car was still completely packed with stuff). We all met again here at night.

After only a day here we're driving to Sao Paulo (the city) this afternoon, and we'll be back on Tuesday. There we'll stay at our best friends' house, and on Saturday we'll celebrate my husband's grandmother's 80th birthday, since her whole family is here from all over Brazil and also the U.S. for the two weddings (my BIL's and a cousin). Her birthday is actually the same day as mine, July 7, but we're celebrating ahead of time. On Saturday night, hubby flies home, missing his cousin's wedding on Sunday because he has to go to France (!!) for a course - lucky him! (coincidentaly, Saturday is the grandmother's sister's birthday, so we'll have a celebration for her 73rd birthday as well during lunch).

Sunday will be a crazy day, because we have two weddings to go to, and Kelvin will be a ring-bearer at both of them. The first (my husband's best friend) is at 11 am and the second (hubby's cousin) at 4 pm, and they are in different cities, 2 hours away. Wish us luck with this marathon. I hope to post again on Sunday night because our friends have high speed internet.

I'll try to be back soon, but meanwhile, I'll post this, because I'm using my mom's phone line right now...

No comments: