Thursday, January 26, 2006

Brazil and the U.S. (intro)

I'm working (at least in my mind so far) on a post about the main differences about my home country, Brazil and the U.S., since whenever I'm fresh from travel there I always think of tons of things related to this issue.

Meanwhile, though, I'd like to direct you to my sister-in-law's interesting comments (OK, "comparative study") about both countries at her relatively new blog The Sporadic Post (which may soon need to be renamed if she starts to post more than just sporadically :) -- welcome to blogging, sister, I'm glad I inspired you to post again!).

For those who can read Portuguese, my Brazilian friend Ricardo's "photoblog" has a hilarious post with the opposite point of view of my SIL regarding toilet trash :) (he moved to the U.S. last fall).

2 comments:

kate said...

I'm interested to see what you have to say about this!

Clo said...

Hi Lilian, thank you for visisting and leaving a message. I am also a regular reader of your blog, I love the brazialian wedding recount! (and the boys'outfit, they were ADORABLE!). I look forward to your post on differences with the US and BRazil, I'm from Italy and also lived in the US (NY and SF) for 9 years, and the whole time I kept comparing back and forth, I still do that now that I have been in France for 4 years! I do miss the US, though..keep up the great writing!

Clo