Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Safe arrivals

Just a quick update on the travels in the family. My parents arrived safely today at 11:30 am. Our meeting with them was hilarious. I got to the airport at the exact time their plane was supposed to be landing. Then I had to park, get the stroller, etc, and go to the terminal. We found the elevator to go up to the gates, Kelvin ran ahead to press the button (he's crazy about elevators, escalators, etc) and we were waiting expectantly for the door to open, then, when it opened, lo and behold!, my parents were there. I think Kelvin was completely shocked, because we weren't expecting that at all. He became instantly shy, as he always is when meeting people we haven't seen in a long time, but he came around quite quickly. It was very funny, he kept saying on the way home "yes, we were there waiting for the elevator door to open, then it opened and grandma and grandpa [vovó and vovô] were there!! ha ha ha!"

My husband had a more bumpy trip. He was supposed to have arrived in Brazil this morning at 10 am, but he got there at 9pm instead. They had problems in the aircraft, and he had to stay overnight in Chicago and fly during the day (which is something I hate because it's boring and tiresome). His seat's tiny TV set didn't work, and happily there was an acquaintance in the flight, this guy we knew from back in college, and he was able to chat with someone to kill time. We just emailed each other and talked online -- oh blessed internet.

Now I have to go to bed, I'm really tired... The boys are OK, Linton has two more molars on the way... not fun. Tons of drooling, but he's still not that grumpy, which could change soon, of course. Lots of suspense in some blogs I'm reading (which aren't in my blogroll yet), this is always lots of fun! (this comment was supposed to be at the end, but I can't put it after the second link or it'll turn into a link itself :) : Leery Polyp and Thin Pink Line

3 comments:

DUSIE said...

Hey Lilian,

That is weird! Well, how odd is it that my parents are also coming to visit from another land on Saturday! Have a great time with yours and try to get some work done with some of that grandma and grandpa time! (how do your kids call them in Portuguese?)

L said...

Hi Susana,
Yes, it's an interesting coincidence!
My kids call them vovó - last o sounds like "awe" (grandma) and vovô - last o is more like o (grandpa) (it's in the post, between parenthesis :)
yeah, I have to get right to work :)

DUSIE said...

whoops! : o how embarrassing! i am usually a pretty good (quick) reader... i find blogs so addictive...and like now when i should be working on something else...I have the urgent desire to come and read of my fellow mamas' meanderings... and wow, your house and wild things are beautiful!!!