Sunday, March 02, 2014

Prepared

More snow is coming our way and we're prepared! The extent of the preparation consists of driving the cars into the garage (after bringing the cats inside the house so they won't run out into the cold and wet evening)...

I don't mind more snow, especially if it means one less day of driving 152 miles for me! I'm just worried that classes at the university won't be canceled until the last minute, but even with that risk and that stress, I didn't want to drive tonight to my friends' house and be stranded all day there tomorrow. I really want to be home spending more time with my family.

The boys haven't had that many snow days, so we've thoroughly enjoyed each one we've had -- one in December, the others in the past two months. Technically, they had a total of three (and five in practice) because in one of the snow days school was cancelled anyway for another reason [teacher in-service]-- how lucky of the school! -- and they also had another day in which they logged in snow-related activities at home to count as a school day. It looks like the school wants to do that tomorrow again, we'll see.

So I couldn't be happier and more relaxed. Ready to email my students about an assignment they can do instead of having class tomorrow and ready to grade as I watch the Oscars. YAY!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So did they cancel school? A snow day sounds fun!