Friday, December 24, 2010

20 Years versus 20 Days

After wearing contact lenses for over 20 years, I had to wear glasses for over 20 days. It wasn't easy.

I know I'm privileged because poor eyesight is a really mild ailment, but it was annoying, almost depressing to be constantly reminded of my disability. It was hard to wear winter hats too, and I didn't enjoy not being able to see clearly in the shower.

So I'm really glad to be wearing contacts again, just in time for the holidays! (the doctor declared my eyes healthy yesterday). I've always been thankful for them, but never got to value them so much. I will be much more careful with my eyes and contacts from now on, that's for sure!

Well, I'll come back with one or two more posts later. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

I'm glad your "eyes" are back! Merry Christmas...!