Thursday, July 16, 2009

O Canada!

We arrived in Montreal at 2 am last night (I guess that technically I should I say this morning...) to visit K's youngest brother, "K4" and his wife M. They immigrated to Canada in the Spring, marking the last step in the family's internationalization. Regarding this topic, coincidentally, "K3" and his family arrived in Brazil today -- my SIL coming from TX with my youngest nephew [who just turned one on my birthday!] and K3 from flying from Turkey with their possessions. They're going to teach at one of the American Schools in São Paulo for at least two years. So, until my father- and mother-in-law move back to Brazil next year they will be the only members of K's immediate family in Brazil! My brother and his wife remain in New Zealand and K's uncle who was in South Africa is moving to Mozambique... it's interesting to have family members all over the globe.

This is my fourth visit to Canada and I'm enjoying visiting another country that's not Brazil, for a change (my last visit here was back in 2002 when Kelvin was 4 months old)! We haven't left the apartment yet -- K just went downstairs with K4 so the boys could ride their bikes in the neighborhood (they live in this calm location) while I cooked lunch and now we're resting a bit, napping, playing with the ipod, watching TV and blogging.

I have been very busy gardening (after going to Maryland to visit K2's family and celebrate my second nephew's 3rd birthday last weekend) and I also went to the doctor (that has been taken care of). The neverending gardening was one of the reasons why we were so late leaving home yesterday... I'll share some photos soon, ok? My apologies for the boring updating post... I think I'm too tired to write a coherent post right now. Oh yeah... and I'm glad that we have wireless internet here because I'm feeling pretty strange not being able to use my cell phone...

Oh, I almost forgot, I wanted/needed my phone so I could check on my uncle's health (my dad's brother who lives in the D.C. area). He fell on his driveway on Monday and broke an arm as well as bruised his face badly. They suspect he may have had a mini-stroke because he cannot remember what happened leading to his fall. I was shocked at the news because we'd just been with him and my aunt last Saturday when we went to MD. Please pray for him and/or keep him in your thoughts because he's in pain and in quite depressed. Good thing my parents will be here in a little over a week -- my dad will be able to go stay with him for a while...

So that's it for now...

No comments: