Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm Going to be an Auntie Again!! Maybe Today.

Hey, I knew there was mommy stuff coming up, see? (apart from my sleep troubles post that has been brewing for weeks now)

We'll be on our way to Maryland shortly, since my sister-in-law and brother-in-law are at the hospital right now. Just yesterday my SIL and I were instant-messaging each other and she was very miserable because she felt the baby would never come... I know the feeling since that's how it was with Linton 2 years 29 days ago...

And it's deja vu for us too - Linton was born when his paternal grandparents were in an airport, inside a plane, 40 minutes away. My mother-in-law is scheduled to fly to Boston tonight at 9, and we're afraid the baby will come exactly around this time, like his cousin did (both their names end in "ton," so maybe that's part of the problem :). That's why we're going there, so we can take my MIL to the airport if necessary. My SIL's parents arrive from Brazil tomorrow morning, and we were all hoping the baby wouldn't be born exactly in the 12-18 hours there'll be no grandparents around to help out. No such luck, I guess.

Her water broke at 4:46 this morning, but dilation is taking a while. The hospital is very busy with other birthing moms too, so they haven't been able to start her on pitocin yet (yikes - she likes epidurals, though, so... it'll probably be fine).

I'd love nothing better in this world than being able to see my nephew being born, but I'm not counting on it... I wanted to be there to take pictures (I am a photography fanatic, you already know that), 'cause I don't think my BIL will be able to do that and support his wife at the same time. Well, we'll see. I'll try to post as soon as I can. And I'll ask permission to share one newborn photo with you, OK?

3 comments:

Juliet said...

How exciting! Be sure to post pictures.
And I agree with your comment in my blog. It is very hard for me, but I can't imagine living in a whole different country than my parents. That's got to b e so hard fof you. *hugs*

ArticulateDad said...

Congratulations, auntie!

Alice said...

congratulations, looking forward to seeing some pictures of proud auntie with nephew/niece! :)