Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Dissertatin'

Finally I'm doing some progress in the dissertation work (sigh). I should be making even more progress from now on, because I bought a couple of books that are actually very useful: this more recent one and this older one (which doesn't even mention computers :) Edited to add: he doesn't mention computers for word processing, he does write about computer use for the analysis of data (available in 1981)

I'm not a very organized person, and the worst procrastinator you can think of, but I need to finish, and I will. I may not be able to do it on time to defend and file by April 30 in order to participate of the commencement in May, but I think I can do it at the latest by the end of next summer. Maybe it helps that I'm writing about this here, with an audience (however small :) . It sounds like I'm making a pledge. I'll keep you updated about this.

Some fun stuff:
Last Sunday we went to the beach again, this time for the whole day. We went to Island Beach State Park (NJ), and it was great! Maybe I'll add some pics to this post later...

Now... back to work!

2 comments:

Alice said...

The books sound really interesting and I will keep them in mind should I ever decide to finish my phD (one day....) ;) Good luck with the scribbling! :)

Choco Pie said...

Lilian good luck with your work. Do you already know about this website, www.phinished.org?