Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Look What Happened Because of Two Unseasonably Warm Days!

I got all excited about the really warm weather yesterday and today (today's temperatures were almost record highs for this time of year, we had 66F [18 C]), and, prompted by the need to do laundry and my husband's suggestion, I decided to wash lots of clothes and take the rare opportunity to let them dry outside during winter. I washed two loads (light/mixed and dark colors) yesterday:
(photo before I hanged the dark colors)And two more (towels, sheets, tablecloths, and more clothes) today, but I also had to hang yesterday's clothes again since most were slightly damp. That was not wise.

Look what happened:
Yeah, I completely destroyed my clothesline. One of my favorite things about this house. I thought it could still be fixed, but K thinks it cannot. I can only hope a new one is not too expensive. I guess we could keep the pole and only get the top "umbrella like" top.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Good thing I have a nice little helper who makes me smile. His older brother made me smile even more when he went outside to bring the trash receptacle and came back to the door empty-handed and saying that he'd let his little brother do it this time -- lovely (since most of the time he's provoking the little one):



















Note that the receptacle is bigger than him.







And now I have to fold all those clothes and put them away, the worst part of doing laundry (a task I otherwise thoroughly enjoy). But before I get to that, I have to cut my husband's hair.

P.S. This weekend I cooked dinner for around 30 Brazilian friends at our home. It was a lot of work, but thankfully I had many helpers. Everyone enjoyed it and we also got to play the Brazilian brand of pictionary afterwards (I hadn't played it in a long time). I can't wait to have more events with lots of people -- they're one of the reasons why we bought this roomy single house.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I've had that happen! Don't worry -- they aren't too expensive. You can buy 'em at Lowe's and Home Depot. Growing up my mom always referred to ours as a "solar dryer!" I had one at our old house but there isn't anyplace to have one here (too many trees that spit messy stuff)!

Choco Pie said...

Sorry about your clothesline but that really gave me a good laugh today, and I needed it! Thank you!

Keiko said...

Lilian, por hoje 2 coisas em comum: eu também corto o cabelo do meu marido e eu ADORO jogar imagem e acao.

Em compensacao, amar lavar roupa...minha filha,essa ai soh vc mesmo...

bjin,
Keiko