Thursday, September 21, 2006

Random Things About Me You May or May Not Know

Since I don't have much time, here's a quick one:
  • I was/am a tomboy.
  • I do love pink, and "girly" clothes though.
  • I drive a mini-van (an "old model" 1997 Odyssey - it's a bit smaller the doors open like a regular car. That's why my hubby wanted it. My oldest son now wants one with the sliding doors, though. Oh, and a DVD player, of course.)
  • I've always been a voracious reader, but graduate work and motherhood put a bit of a damper on that.
  • I'm a lazy person, unfortunately.
  • I generally prefer salty/savory to sweet foods.
  • But once in a while I have chocolate cravings. I can't stand American chocolate. Love Swiss (Lindt -- hmmm). Brazilian is OK.
  • I don't much care for ice-cream, but I eat it, particularly if it's this one or another one that I just found out from Amazon doesn't exist anymore!! (Breyers' old Cherries and Cream, which the Amazon commenters have now explained has been changed and ruined -- how sad!! I really thought it was wonderful, with big pieces of black cherries and cream. I even tried other brands and hated this flavor). I didn't find this out earlier because I tried to refrain from dairy products as much as possible this past summer.
  • I am very impatient (and fidgety).
  • I am basically vegetarian. I avoid dairy products, eat eggs and, once in a while, fish.
  • I tend to be a perfectionist.
  • I am extremely disorganized, however.
  • I am short and skinny, but I guess you've figured that out from the photos.
  • I'm very friendly and an extrovert, but I have a hard time speaking with new people I meet (unless I know them from the internet -- hahaha, true, though). Sometimes even with people I know already. I have a hard time asking questions.
  • I am quite clumsy. I bump into things a lot.
  • I pretty loud (as most Brazilians in general are). I come from a family of nervous screaming women, however (my dad, uncles and hubby hate that). Problem is: boys are becoming just like me, what a shame!
All right, I'll stop here. What else would you like to know?

3 comments:

Alice said...

oh, interesting! Some things I knew already (that you're friendly and an extrovert, that you are a perfectionist but scold yourself for being disorganized ..) Here are more (some of them very silly) questions:

-What's your favorite outfit? Do you prefer pants over skirts?

-I know you love shoes. Do you (or Brasilians in general) wear shoes inside the house as well? Or do you use house shoes, or none at all?

-Are you religious?

-When you were little, what did you dream you wanted to be when you grew up?

I guess there's more but so much for now ;)

Juliet said...

Ooh! What a fun post! Can you tell us....

Who was your hero growing up?

What kind of music do you like?

Something somebody said to you that has changed for life.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

How about what is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? And Saturday Morning? And do you have any pictures of Brazil to share with us?